Friday, December 13, 2013

Greeting Cards!

I've been on a note cards and envelopes set kick for a while now, and I thought I'd throw in a few examples of greeting cards.  A dear aunt of my husband's commissioned me to make adult birthday cards, thinking of you, and sympathy cards, and I was more than happy to accept.  I try to embellish one of a kind greeting cards a bit more than the norm, and use special papers, three-dimensional accouterments, and interesting trims.  When I use patterned or darker colored paper for the envelopes, I also include mailing labels.  And, I use double sided tape with peel off backing for the sender to use to close up the envelopes.  And, I recently learned how to do heat embossing...stamping, plus embossing powder, plus a heat tool...and voila!  You'll see an example of both in the fifth picture down.  Enjoy!  


I love this bee and honeycomb paper!  But I'm almost out!  I added yellow and white baker's twine to close up the folded card.

Here I used foam stickers to make the inscription stand out above the patterned paper behind.

Chartreuse and hot pink, how could that not be awesome!?  I added a khaki colored sticker stamped with "happy birthday" and dabbed on some coordinating enamel dots for effect.

Classy and gender neutral tan and black, with hand-made wrinkled paper for the envelope liner and card embellishment.

Here's where you can see an example of heat embossing...clear stamp glue, sprinkled with white opaque embossing powder and heated up to melt and then dry.  I used a navy blue burlap ribbon behind and denim patterned paper for the envelope.

I thought this one could be for a guy too.  Wood grain paper for the enveloped and card, heat embossed stamp and blue and white baker's twine for the ribbon.

Butterfly three-dimensional ornament for the embellishment, accented with pink satin ribbon and enameled dots.

Navy blue, spicy orange and forest green.  'Ain't Nothin' wrong with that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment