Monday, November 4, 2013

Black and Gold

Whoa baby!  Two posts in the past three days!  Woot!  Woot!  Well, like I said last time, it's not that I haven't been making anything, it's just that I haven't been posting it!  Plus, the tiny human is asleep and my washing machine is on the fritz, so I sort of HAVE to sit down in the basement and there's nothing to do here except get on the computer.  And, rather than surfing the interwebs and making myself feel poor (creating wish lists on jcrew.com), making myself feel technologically incompetent (I still don't understand hashtags on twitter), or making myself feel completely unproductive (pinning on Pinterest instead of actually making the things I pin on Pinterest), I shall post on my blog and erase at least a few of those misgivings.

Several weeks ago I sent a somewhat desperate sounding email to several women in my family.  Something along the lines of, "Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, order note card sets for your loved ones for Christmas!"  And, I'm not kidding you, less than an hour later, my wonderful mother-in-law wrote back and said, "I need six."  I'll say it again...  Woot!  Woot!  The only instruction was, "One of the ladies is a University of Iowa Hawkeyes fan, so black and gold would be good."  Yes, I can do that.  

Actually, I did that.  The result is below.  Bright yellow-gold note cards with black and ivory stripe and chevron accents.  Half of the envelopes are yellow with black liners and the opposite for the others.  I think it turned out really great.  What say you?  I have three more sets done for her, and the wheels are turning for the remaining two.  And then it's on to the next projects.  You'll just have to stay tuned. 







No comments:

Post a Comment