Saturday, November 2, 2013

Where to Re-Begin!?!

Alas, it has been quite some time since I last updated my blog. It's not that I haven't been making cards or note card sets, it's just that sitting down at a computer to write something that sounds at least partially intelligent and witty has somehow eluded me. (And by the way, I really did just double check to make sure I was using "elude" correctly. My momma would have been so embarrassed if I used "allude" instead. The curse and blessing of being the daughter of an elementary school language teacher - among her many, many talents and gifts.) But, back to the task at hand...

I've actually had many opportunities to make single cards and sets for my loved ones. Baby showers, birthdays, thank you notes, special orders, etc. I'll have to play catch up a little bit, and although I'm tempted to start with the most colorful or the most recent or the most heartfelt, I really should go in chronological order, lest I forget where I left off.  That's just how my mind works.

As it happens, however, the project first up is all of those things (except, of course, the most recent)...super colorful, completely heartfelt! I made this set of note cards and envelopes for a dear friend expecting her first baby. They were keeping the gender a surprise for all (including themselves!), and I was challenged with making a set of thank you notes that was both "baby" and gender neutral, and fun and classy, just like the baby's momma. I really love how they turned out!  I got the letterpress note cards from Paper Source, although I did actually attend a letterpress workshop they hosted...giving credit where credit is due. And I used multicolored paper for the envelopes and liners.  All tied up with a coordinating organza bow, and voila!  Shower gift!  (I also bought the momma and daddy a diaper pail and washable liner and a cloth diaper cover and wet bag, but those things are not nearly as exciting...I mean, who really wants to think about pee and poop when you can write thank you notes on these lovely darlings!)

More later...and yes, I will write "update blog" on my to do list.  Don't underestimate the power of the "to do" list!  TTFN!




No comments:

Post a Comment